Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: undoubtedly
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- human characters simply placed side by side. Though undoubtedly
- spread abroad, though the most beautiful are undoubtedly in the
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- something is contained in these artists which we must undoubtedly regard
- the greatness which it undoubtedly breathed forth, as it proceeded from
- Look at this work. Undoubtedly
- Julius II, whose character undoubtedly contained a certain greatness,
- yet, undoubtedly — down to the Medici, who always retained their
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- way they were undoubtedly at work even at the time of the first
- monks — all of whom undoubtedly absorbed Mid-European
- undoubtedly, a higher perfection in this artist than in the
- (undoubtedly a later picture), Raphael had Dürer's drawings
- the center; for this Madonna of Nuremberg belongs undoubtedly to a
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- in the Mid-European Art and in the Southern. Undoubtedly, such
- things are not essential. The figures are undoubtedly connected,
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- expression. These elements in the picture are undoubtedly to some extent
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- find it is confirmed, undoubtedly.
- Undoubtedly, many priests and clerics also became painters — good
- artists, creating within a social order wherein undoubtedly some of
- were living. Some element of the Southern style undoubtedly plays into
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- Phidias. This is, of course, a later imitation, though undoubtedly it
- were undoubtedly due to a faithful contemplation of the Antique.
- experienced went very deep. None the less, Brunelleschi undoubtedly had an
- They stood, undoubtedly, on the shoulders of these artists of the pre-
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: