Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: upper
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- the paintings ascribed to Giotto in the upper church at Assisi
- 26. Giotto: The Last Supper. (Capella Madonna dell' Arena,
- 47. Ghirlandajo: Last Supper. (Fresco.) (Ognissanti.
- Supper is no longer merely represented (as in the picture that we
- the Last Supper is now taken as an opportunity to represent the
- 54. Fra Angelico: The Last Supper. (San Marco,
- the picture of the Last Supper which we showed just now. There,
- the Last Supper.
- Supper, which, also, is scarcely visible today, for only isolated
- working-out of human characters. Especially in his Last Supper,
- 64. Leonardo da Vinci: Last Supper.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- past him. He only skimmed off them, as it were, the uppermost and human
- — the conception of the Trinity, of the Last Supper, of the
- chief creation, the “Last Supper,” Finally, we shall return
- 16. Last Supper. (Sta. Maria della Grazie. Milan.)
- Supper — which he created, it is true, at an earlier time, and
- in this picture as against the earlier pictures of the Last Supper by
- 17. Head of Christ. (Study for the Last Supper.) (Brera. Milan)
- 18. Group of Disciples for the Last Supper.
- 20. Last Supper. (Engraving.)
- 21. Rudolf Stang, The Last Supper. Engraving after Leonardo, completed in 1887.
- Last Supper, aims at a peculiar quality of composition combined with
- and at St, Petersburg and London, which we showed before the Last Supper.
- reminiscent of the peculiar composition in the Last Supper, but aims
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- Supper” of Leonardo da Vinci in Milan. Compare it with the
- earlier pictures of the Last Supper which were derived more purely
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- monuments. We will show the detail of the upper part:
- 31. Upper portion of tomb, with two Angels.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- of Upper German paintings, which have their own characteristic peculiarities.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- 39. Dürer. The Last Supper. (Woodcut)
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- famous pulpit in the Baptistery at Pisa; note the reliefs in the upper
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: