Searching Oswald Spengler, Prophet of World Chaos
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: state
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Oswald Spengler: Lecture I: On Spengler's "Decline of the West"
- is that the author expressly states that he conceived the basic
- politics and rights and the state, from which the economic life
- Title: Oswald Spengler: Lecture II: Oswald Spengler - I
- characterize the whole state of this man's soul. You need to
- the human waking state. It has always regarded the intellect
- this should be stated: the introduction to this second volume
- the animal-world, and finds the former in the sleeping state
- and the latter in the waking state.
- movement. The waking state contains only tensions —
- an existence with no waking state” — Good. He
- following: This sleeping state in man, that which is
- warrior, the statesman, general, man of the world,
- contempt with which the soldiers and statesmen of all times
- is a plain statement; in fact, plain enough for anyone to
- warrior, the statesman, general, man of the world, merchant,
- mentioned — statesmen, generals, men of the world,
- the statesman, politician, etc., from the
- statesmen of all times have looked down on the scribbler and
- is the mark of the statesman that he comprehends with complete
- Title: Oswald Spengler: Lecture III: Oswald Spengler - II
- Spengler says: The statesman, the practical man, the merchant,
- a plantlike nature, he really brings forth in a living state:
- sleep is what is alive. The waking state brings forth thoughts;
- state, the state of being more and more awake, which is to be
- the waking state quite seriously. It would really like to pour
- Title: Oswald Spengler: Article IV: Spengler's Spirit-Deserted History
- Spengler sees the state. He would like to grasp it in its
- life of the state first evolves. This is because it lies
- words: “The nobility is the true Estate, the sum of blood
- of the ruling Estates.
- translated as Estate, especially since he follows the
- traditional grouping into three estates, nobility, clergy, and
- In the “state” this stream is only as
- which spring from the Estates, is crystallized into a sort of
- illusion in the state, which seeks to hold fast in space (with
- a diminished reality) what the Estates are continually
- out between the Estates in the cooperation and clashes of the
- the form of man and woman, family, people, estate, state,
- Estates work out among themselves. But he has no eye for the
- Estates and classes.
- into him by Estates and classes. This world-historic
- every spring-time has been the Estate in the most
- it destroys by its notion of the Fourth Estate, the
- matured forms. ... Thus the Fourth Estate becomes the
- the historical “all,” not in the Fourth Estate or
- in any other, but in Man (of all Estates) who now for the first
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: