Searching The Gospel of St. John
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: son
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Introductory Note: The Gospel of St. John
- technical reasons they were held back for Volume 94 which is
- Title: First Lecture: The Gospel of St. John
- person portraying his feelings, his intimate religious life
- attitude of a simple person and takes the facts as they are
- things, such an initiation took place as follows. The person
- be formed. If a person does not practice exercises he remains
- how one can illustrate this by a simple comparison. Look at a
- inner man. An immature person expresses little of the power
- will use a crude comparison to make clear what I mean. You
- reason, though there is a certain difference, you cannot see
- person enters the astral world, he finds himself in a region
- — that He loved him. It is the same person. He is not
- Title: Second Lecture: The Gospel of St. John
- person sleeps? In man we have the physical body, etheric
- person sleeps? The physical and etheric bodies remain in bed.
- undeveloped personality, and later, in the form of the
- something to do. When the person is awake, the astral body
- person lies asleep. The astral body then works from outside.
- know this does not have any influence. When however, a person
- person goes through when he follows this path. The great
- mystics experienced it. Such a person has reached the second
- fourth stage is the crucifixion. Through this a person
- person has got as far as this he comes to the fifth stage.
- value. While a person feels himself thus lost in darkness,
- bottom of the human soul. He becomes a second person by the
- person has gone through this fifth station he can progress to
- Title: Third Lecture: The Gospel of St. John
- sayings. This does not mean that the ordinary person cannot
- Meanwhile the consciousness of a person who has passed
- initiate of the fifth grade had so overcome his personality
- write, Jesus of Nazareth the son of Joseph. And Nathanael
- person has reached the fifth grade of initiation he always
- saith unto him, ‘Rabbi, thou art the Son of God, thou
- what I have used as a comparison, but one which is more than
- a comparison. Take it literally. To be born means to proceed
- glory of God should be made manifest in a blind person. This
- abideth for ever, and how sayest thou: the Son of Man must be
- lifted up? Who is this Son of Man?’ Then Jesus said
- truth and yet it would be folly. I must give a person what he
- and learned the lesson which he can only learn in this dense
- to learn the lesson, that must be kept uninjured. This is the
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: