Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by Translator (HarwoodD)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: understand
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture I: The Necessity for a Spiritual Insight
- We know of the spirit, we no longer understand how to
- We only understand a child when we contemplate him as we should
- attachment felt for some grown-up person. But we must understand how
- body. And we can only rightly educate when we understand the
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture II: Spiritual Disciplines of Yesterday: Yoga
- I have been informed that there was something difficult to understand
- understand each other better during the next few days if I give these
- thing within us which enables us, when we are older, to understand the
- understand the world. Mind has to be passive so that the
- This may perhaps contribute to an understanding of spirit and soul.
- soul will be easier to understand when we turn to history.
- Christianity. But we shall be helped in our understanding of spirit
- People generally misunderstand this when I describe these things. They
- of discipline only. We should not understand anything about the world
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture III: Spiritual Disciplines of Yesterday and To-day
- I say, although he does not yet understand it. So much of what we
- receive in childhood unconsciously we do not understand. If in
- not understand it at all. Now it comes back. And now, in the light of
- what he now understands for the first time has within him a
- feeling and willing. And if one can thoroughly understand the play of
- this, since we cannot consider the child until we understand the man),
- understand man unless one knows how man breathes, how breathing is
- does not understand man. One does not understand man if one says:
- understanding, and, moreover, by what external science has to say on
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture IV: Body Viewed from the Spirit
- this, knowledge and understanding are necessary. Hence yesterday I
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture V: How Knowledge Can Be Nurture
- understanding of what the earth is in a particular place. And the
- Now, you will understand this better probably if I give you a very
- the parts. Thus to get a living understanding of addition we start
- seem to him absurd. We can also well understand that people may laugh
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture VI: The Teacher as Artist in Education
- no understanding of cause and effect. He hears the words used. We
- soul. And in consequence man now gets an understanding of cause and
- effect based on inner experience, — an understanding of force,
- intellectual understanding, but a psychic understanding, an
- understanding in the soul. And it is this we must aim at.
- true understanding of temperaments has, from the very first, held a
- body. We can only help him when we rightly understand this encroaching
- misunderstand me — the raging of the child near him gradually
- understand the temperament can you find your way to the individuality.
- criticise the works of a clock. Why? Because they do not understand
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture VII: The Organisation of the Waldorf School
- it is necessary to understand what these faculties are. One must know
- individual teacher as it is, in the human organism, to understand the
- was concerned; they came to an understanding for a few weeks in middle
- also be able — and here please do not misunderstand me — one
- years old can he understand grammar — namely, when he reaches an
- given to boys. This has a social result also: Mutual understanding
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture VIII: Boys and Girls at the Waldorf School
- which it must be comprehended by a spiritual understanding of
- Anthroposophy it shows he has no understanding either of Waldorf
- understandable that people should say: What bad people these
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture IX: The Teachers of the Waldorf School
- And one who understands human nature knows well that at no time and to
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: