Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by Translator (HarwoodD)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: year
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture I: The Necessity for a Spiritual Insight
- tradition, twenty years ago.
- in recent years friends have come forward to carry it also into
- seven year old child when we begin his primary education; it has
- twentieth year. We look upon everything as a continuous development.
- seventh year or eighth year, — when the change of teeth sets in
- about the fourteenth year, to puberty. And infinitely significant
- the child up to his seventh year is a continuous imitation of what
- entirely sense-organ (i.e. a child up to the seventh year). His blood
- in the process of development of the eye, in the very early years.
- I am myself, it was made in the year in which I was born. Now the
- its environment in the manner in which, in later years our eye dwells
- accomplished with the child in his earliest years.
- the 7th and 14th or 15th year from
- far more significant for a child between seven and fourteen years to
- teachers of children from seven to fourteen years being able to give
- demanded by the first year? What is demanded up to the seventh year?
- children up to the tenth year must be quite different, and different
- every single year, nay, in every single week, — this constitutes
- in his early years, so, in his later years he becomes a follower, one
- attendance; roughly between the 9th and 11th year there is a critical
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture II: Spiritual Disciplines of Yesterday: Yoga
- impossible to do the same as was done hundreds or thousands of years
- in the seventh year.
- Suppose I am teaching a child of nine or ten years old. I want to tell
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture III: Spiritual Disciplines of Yesterday and To-day
- These things do not come as a matter of course. It often takes years
- to-day I was not ten years ago.” The inner content of the soul,
- ahead, for example, to what we shall be in ten years' time, and set'
- One has to consider, for instance, what one will be like in ten years'
- years of life than in the three years at the university.
- But just consider what it means when, say, in my thirty-fifth year
- You were only nine or ten years old, may-be, at the time, and you did
- picture form to a child of eight or nine years, (for it was of
- is transformed in later years — what would be the sense of
- take on the direction of the Waldorf School — founded that year
- therefore of child nature — as I was able to do that year. For,
- entering into human nature came to me more than 35 years ago.
- more than 35 years ago. Not until a few years back, in my book
- speak of these things for the erst time. A period of thirty years lay
- until I had passed my fiftieth year that I ventured to publish these
- apparent to me more than thirty years ago, and which have been made
- years old. But naturally the ideal thing is for children to receive
- It is this that I realised 35 years ago to be wrong. For the only part
- had to do 35 years ago, when I was engaged in verifying the original
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture IV: Body Viewed from the Spirit
- its first weeks or years. Science has produced an extensive teaching
- place during the child's early years between heredity and adaptation
- particular period of life, up to the seventh year. But it is only one
- inherited organism. In the course of the first seven years of our life
- realm. Then instead of yearning in dreamy mysticism for castles in the
- child, up to the seventh year, nerve-senses activity, rhythmic
- seventh year, we find the nerve-senses system no longer
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture V: How Knowledge Can Be Nurture
- treatment of a child in its seventh year or so — at the age, that
- or seventh year to copy without more ado the signs which we now, in
- will realise that there is no connection between what a seven-year old
- child from his earliest years to wearing very small clothes, which do
- when parents come and say: My child is eight, or nine years old, and
- to his eighth or ninth year these two things are still merged into
- lacking in humanity in later years. And the teacher must be willing to
- May I mention a personal experience in this connection, Years before
- years old who was exceedingly backward in his development. Up to that
- — and not psychical progress only, — that a year and a half
- his profession, but only when he was nearly forty years old.
- Thus between his ninth and tenth year the child comes to be able to
- child's life, between his ninth and tenth year, to which I have
- year girls begin to grow at a quicker rate than the boys. Growth in
- Between the tenth and fifteenth year the outward differentiation
- for a child about its tenth year. And here we must be able to follow
- eleventh or twelfth year. After he has learned to separate himself
- particularly between the 16th and 24th years.
- with mathematics in the right way during these past years we should
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture VI: The Teacher as Artist in Education
- between their eleventh and twelfth years. Usually only what we might
- Between the 11th and 12th year a very great change takes place in the
- puberty. When the child is nearly ten years old the beat and rhythm of
- years the human being builds up his own rhythmic system in the way
- which corresponds to its inner disposition. When the 11th or 12th year
- to the 11th year the bone system is entirely embedded in the muscular
- years the skeleton adapts itself to the outer world. A mechanic and
- If you observe children under eleven years old you will see that all
- children of over 12 years old you will see from the way they step how
- the skeletal system. This means: Between the 11th and 12th year the
- Causality in life. Before his 11th year a human being has in reality
- year, the bone system, which is adjusting itself to the outer world,
- chemistry, mechanics before his 11th year in too intellectual a way we
- Neither, before his 11th year can he inwardly participate in thy
- muscular system is soft. But if before his 11th year we teach the
- namely about his 11th or 12th year, what we present to him in thought
- mechanics before his 11th year they clog his brain, they congest, and
- make the brain hard, so that it develops migraine in the latter years
- separate historical pictures or stories before his 11th year, if I
- children over 12 years old, suddenly become inattentive to the lesson
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture VII: The Organisation of the Waldorf School
- the emotions and impulses of the years 1918 and 1919, after the end of
- or 15 years old. Now these children came to us at the beginning from
- considered suitable for a child of 8 or 11 years old. So that during
- the first year we could not count on being able to carry out our ideal
- compromise. In a memorandum, I asked to he allowed three years grace
- in their 9th year, should have accomplished a certain stage, and
- the 9th to the 12th year. At the end of the 12th year the children
- higher classes, children of 11, 12, or 13 years old what it comes to
- last weeks of the school year so as to gather up, as it were, all the
- year's work. In this manner, the child grows right into a subject.
- years old can he understand grammar — namely, when he reaches an
- this is about the standard reached by the 6th school year. Many of
- children of 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 years old. So far only these older
- Dornach by a little American boy of about nine years old. (Tea cosy;
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture VIII: Boys and Girls at the Waldorf School
- of the Waldorf School have been with those of fifteen or sixteen years
- of 15 and 16 years old. And we have with these very special
- is due to the fact that during these 14th, 15th and 16th years the
- these years the brain behaves as though it were congested with blood.
- troublesome behaviour and difficulties among 14, 15 and 16 year old
- It is found necessary at the end of a school year to take stock of the
- work done by a child during the year. This is generally called: a
- end of the school year resembles a little biography, it is like an
- the year, both in school and out.
- whole of the next year at school. The child learns this verse by heart
- year by year.
- the custom of keeping back a child a second year in the same class so
- that his mind unfolds in his 11th year, we shall then be putting the
- child in the class for 11 year-old children one year too late. This is
- at least we have had many good results in these first few years.
- Title: Spiritual Ground: Lecture IX: The Teachers of the Waldorf School
- educating come to be 14 or 15 years old and reach puberty. At this
- which begins to appear about the 10th year. At this age girls begin to
- 10th and 12th year than they do the male organ-ism. In a certain sense
- the female organism between the 10th and 12th year partakes even
- Please realise the importance of this: between the 10th and 12th year,
- very special way. During these years the blood circulation is, as it
- pulse and breath between 10 and 12 years, even if done with external
- these years, the form and content of language, or of the languages he
- Thus: in girls a year or two sooner is implanted some-thing of the
- A boy of 14 or 15 years old echoes in his being the world around him.
- a fifteen year old boy. For at this age all the powers of the human
- the 15 or 16 year old boy.
- years of childhood into the 14th, 15th and 16th year, why then, ladies
- episode which occurred last year in the Waldorf School. One day when I
- slight shifting of teachers for the following school year. At the
- outset of the next school year, I allotted the teaching of languages
- years of western civilisation we have entered deeply into
- years. The child is naturally averse to intellectualism. And yet all
- of a certain degree of maturity, i.e. over 14, 15, or 16 years old,
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: